Thank you Windows into Asia Awards, Phil Blog Awards and Blog-o-rama

National Geographic Windows into Asia Awards 2007

National Geographic’s Windows into Asia

Wow! It’s April already and I have a lot to be thankful for for the month that passed. First of all, I am very grateful for National Geographic Asia for being one of the winners in their National Geographic and Sony Ericsson’s Windows Into Asia Awards 2007. The contest aims to showcase the richness and vibrancy of Asia. I’m very happy about this since I’m a fan of National Geographic and it would be a dream come true if I’ll be able to work with them. And having one of my works being critiqued by Matthieu Paley, NGC Adventure Photographer and Quentin Tang, NGC Creative Director and finding it as one of the top 3 entries from the Philippines is already an achievement for me. Though I would really would love that trip to Mongolia, I’m still thankful since I’ll get a new bag and some goodies from them. You can check out the rest of the winners here from each country. They didn’t get my whole name right though. They forgot my surname! Oh well. Hehe.

Philippine Blog Awards 2007

Philippine Blog Awards 2007

And at the local front, the Philippine Blog Awards was held last night. It was like a giant EB with a semi-formal attire. hehe. I was there with fellow finalist Karlo of Sleepy Traveler and our friend Tonette. I must commend the organizers Jayvee, Abe and Gail as I could see the hard work they did on setting up this event. Though it could use a bit of improvements on some areas, it was successful nonetheless.

Ironwulf.net didn’t bag any awards that night. Huhuhu. But I’m still thankful to the judges for being part of the roster with those amazing blogs in the category I’m in. So congratulations are in order to Ivan About Town for winning the Best Travel Blog. I was telling Karlo earlier that night, since they are friends and also travel together that Ivan has a good chance on winning this one. Congratulations also goes to Far From Neutral Notions for winning that Best Blog Design Award. Hands down to your design prowess! I envy you for getting that sleek Canon Photo Printer! haha. Also extending my congratulations to Senor Enrique for bagging the Best Photo Blog Awards! I told you, I’ll be saying that a lot in the future. And for the rest of the winners, congratulations as well!

I didn’t go empty handed though. Hey, I managed to get up the stage and got this nifty HP Photo Paper for winning a raffle. haha.

Blog-o-rama feature on Ironwulf.net

Philippine Blog Awards 2007

Update April 2 2007: Just another quick wow! Ironwulf.net En Route has been recently featured at Manila Bulletin’s Blog-O-Rama. Last week I was completely surprised when Annalyn Jusay of the famed Ajay’s Writing on the Wall sent an email requesting for an interview. It was completely unexpected. From the start I really don’t want my identity spread out too much in the internet and keep a low profile as much as possible. I guess I can’t do that anymore. Hehe.

So many many many thanks to Annalyn for the feature. I hope you keep on discovering more blogs to show us readers.

There’s a high resolution image here if you would like to read from the paper and the online article can be found at the Manila Bulletin Website.

Anyways, once again thank you all folks and my fellow readers. March has been a great month. Summer is here! So travel well and keep safe! I will be out on an extended vacation by Tuesday next week and might post my next entry by the middle of the month. Or I might schedule some post if I’m able. Thank you all and see you guys later! Now let me bask in my 15 minutes of fame for a week while it last. Hehe.

53 Responses to “Thank you Windows into Asia Awards, Phil Blog Awards and Blog-o-rama”

1. Wooo… at least yougot some goodies from them. astig!!!

and being one of the finalists sa blog awards.. is an achivemnet already!!! wooo.. congrats!!

Keep it up!!

2. Hey Ferdz! You got to meet Karlo pala. Your blog is great! Let’s organize a backpack trip kaya of travel bloggers? Hehe! That would be fun!

3. Wow! A National Geographic win!!!

Congratulations, Ferdz. I can really see you thriving as a member of this incredible publication. I will pray that you get continuous attention from them!

Awesome!

4. Hindi ka lang pala pang Philippine Blog Awards eh, pang Nat Geo ka din! Galeng! But I really feel like you should’ve won the Best Travel Blog. Wala lang… Happy summer!

5. congratulations ferdz!

happy summer and happy travelling.. wag kalimutan ang pasalubong namin :D

6. hey, congratulations on the National Geographic achievement! That’s big time and you deserve it :)
    And being nominee for Phil Blog Awards, that’s no easy feat either.

7. When it rains, it pours. I read your feature at the Manila Bulletin 2 April issue. Your reply is consistent with what you have espousing in your blog, pero mas mabait. Will preserve the illustrated Christmas post card you mailed (without the e-) years ago. Pag mas lalo ka ng sumikat, baka puede ng pagkakitaan. Your anime alias has gone a long way sir.

8. wow! congrats! bket nga di first place? eh ang galing-galing mo magtake ng photos. pero mafeature lang ang picture sa national geographic, sobrang wow na yun! kaya ang galing. congrats again :)

9. Astig! congrats pre’! alam ko talaga na malayo ang mararating mo sa talent mo. more power and gudluck in your adventures! =)

10. ey ferdz, daming awards ngayon ah, hehehe. plus agood feature pa sa manila bulletin… sikat na sikat ka na, papansinin mo pa rin ako ha… hehe.
    with your photos, your style of writing, and a great blog design, marami pang kasunod yan…
    God bless!

11. CONGRATULATIONS! hindi na talaga mapigilan, famous ka na talaga! keep the great photos coming, and man, that national geographic photo just rocks!

12. hey, thanks for the ,emtion. ang sikat naman…national geographic. :) more power to u!

13. wow…asteeeg!!! ang galing mo Ferdz. i am both happy and proud of what you have achieved. galing. nanalo din pala si Ivan.

keep it up. You’re going to Cambodia right? have fun!

14. p.s.

sorry, forgot to mention. i changed site again. blogsavy is a momentum killer. i wish i could one day have my own home. as awesome as ironwulf, hehe.

15. Congrats! National Geographic is pretty serious stuff bro :) Glad you were chosen and hope this will inspire your creative spirit even more !

16. Wow hataw you deserve it congrats .If I saw a guy with the NGC backpack there’s a 50/50 possibility that its you :) .

17. You know I’ve always been a fan. But my gulay… National Geographic! What more can I say??? :)

18. Congratulations Ferdz! Well Deserved!

Don’t forget your blogging buddies when you start working for NatGeo ha… kidding. :P

AND, a feature on Manila Bulletin! Someone’s really famoous! hehehehe

Again, Congrats!

(P.S. I made a boo boo on my blog with the Batanes – Bataan Swap. hehehe)

19. congrats! it’s such a drag though when your name is spelled wrong. I remember the day when I was published and they got my surname mixed up. anyway, it’s the thought that counts. being recognized with what you do is the best gift a blogger could ever receive. =)

20. Congratulations! That is a beautiful picture. I enjoy reading your blog because of the pictures, and because I get to know the Philippines a little bit better every time I do.

21. yay, CONGRATS, FERDZ! akala ko kung sino na tong Loyola.

there are still more worlds to conquer!

22. I’d prefer reading in my native language, because my knowledge of your languange is no so well. But it was interesting! Look for some my links:

23. congratulations! i really do enjoy reading your articles and i find them very useful especially for a newbie like me. keep up the good work!