Baguio’s Famous Haunts: The Laperal White House

Laperal White House

Baguio’s Laperal White House

It’s already past Halloween but November’s still here so I think stories on the paranormal are still welcome at this time. And what better a setting than the often mist-cloaked landscapes and cool climate of Baguio. My recent visit to the famed summer capital led me to explore the City of Pines‘ famous haunts. In the next few post I’ll regale you with stories of places and the things hidden behind the mist.

Laperal White House

The Gates of Laperal house

The Laperal White House at Leonard Wood Road in Baguio is one of the first places locals seem to mention when you ask them about the haunted places in the city. Built on 1920’s, it was home to the Laperal Family, the oldest clan in Baguio. At the height of World War II, Japanese soldiers occupied the house. Most of the family was brutally murdered in the house. The last Laperal, Roberto died of an accident by slipping and hitting his head.

Laperal White House

Laperal House is an old American Colonial style house of the 1900s

The house remained uninhabited ever since except for the caretakers living outside the house within the gates. There were reports that footsteps and moans could still be heard. Numerous Baguio residences reported seeing an apparition of a girl at the door footsteps at night.

A popular restaurant owner narrated how her friend brought with her a clairvoyant at PNKY’s restaurant just across the Laperal White House to dine. At that time, PNKY’s was just on ground level. When the Clairvoyant looked at the mirror of the restaurant, she was stunned when she saw a woman standing behind her along with the reflection of the house. PNKY’s restaurant now has an elevated ground and made sure their mirrors don’t reflect the old house in any way.

Laperal White House

Overgrown foliages at the front of the fences and gates

When we went there, I asked the guards if there is any chance we could go inside the house just to take pictures since no one is living there after all this time despite being refurbished. But the guards said that the house is a private property and we can only take pictures as long as we’re behind the fences and the gates. I also learned that the owner of the house is the famous tycoon Lucio Tan which made it a lot interesting. I asked the guards if they experienced any paranormal activity, but they refused to comment on that.

Laperal White House

People often see an apparition of a girl on the steps of this house

Personally when I approached the house, I felt something hostile and a feeling of being unwelcome. Angry eyes ever observant yet watchful coming from the doorway. I’m no psychic or clairvoyant so I leave my feelings and impressions to my hyperactive imagination. If there are spirits lurking there I’m not sure. But I heard the house has been a venue to some gatherings lately and the places has been blessed by the priest. I heard during the Christmas Season, the house is one of the most decorated houses there, making all those haunted tales disappear under the glimmering lights.

24 Responses to “Baguio’s Famous Haunts: The Laperal White House”

1. Interesting story, Ferdz! And kinda scary. A medium might say that the spirits are stuck in this world because of how they died.

2. katrina tabora

hi, im a frequent viewer of your website and i loved your zambales trip to anawangin and got the chance to go there twice.
    if you are still curious at to what the laperal house looks like from the inside here is a website of my uncle who loves to take photos along with other photographers here in baguio. in one or two of the pictures you will see faint “unseen” images. he and his group of photographeres were allowed to enter the laperal house bec of connections.i bet you would have enjoyed taking photographs inside too.

3. we’ve been there this last march 30,and we also took some pictures,and as we browse those pics.we was shocked to see that there was a reflection of a girl,looking at us at the window,,,

• Frances

OH MY GOSH!!! ME TOO WHEN I TOOK A PICTURE IN THIS BUILDING,,,, AFTER I’VE TAKE A SHOT I ZOOMED THE WINDOW THEN I SAW A REFLECTION OF A GIRL IN THE WINDOW IT HAS NO EYES AND PURE WHITE!!!! AHHH

4. Bekah.. can you please upload your pictures that has a reflection of a girl. That’s scary but interesting.

5. I lived in baguio since birth. hahaha that place is really creepy… some people who leaves near that house sometimes get haunting experiences… I never entered it though like Diplomat Hotel but I think that place is more creepy…

6. im from baguio city. i live near that house. there’s really nothing paranormal activity happening within that area. it’s not really haunted. sabi sabi lang yun. dahil nga sa wala nakatira at luma na. nag simula na sila gumawa ng sarili nilang kwento.

7. i love all the shot! my friend live near that house! i love old things and old places, our house is full of antiques too..

8. darryl casino

I was a friend of the daughter of the Laperals and we stayed there for a few nights with some friends in the early 80’s. It was a little creepy but we did not see nor encounter ghosts nor experience paranormal activities. The inside of the house was very beautiful. We played majhong in the middle of the night on the third floor. It was one of the most memorable place I have been.

9. I know this place!! It’s just across the lodge where we stayed!! We even joked about it since we walked pass by it when we went to the market. It was beautiful yet creepy. XD

Alam ko tong lugar na to!! Katapat lang to ng lodge na pinagstayan namin! Naglokohan pa nga kami kasi dinaanan namin to nung nagpunta kami sa bayan. Ang ganda kaso nakakatakot. XD

10. gusto ang bahay na to na makita sa personal,kaya medyo may takot ako,no kayang hiwaga amg meron sa bahay na ito.

11. Jeanbulatao

when we had our tour there in baguio, the tour guide said ” this is one of the most haunted house in baguio” then he tell some stories about that house, and when the bus stopped in front of the white house, we had our chance to take a picture and one of my classmate’s cellphone capture many apparition, 2 ghost facing each other at the front gate, at the right side of the garden there’s a white lady and a group of white apparition sitting in the grass and a small boy is staring right us beside the gate.. creepy

12. pumunta kami sa baguio para kunan ng picture ang white hous….

my gosh,,,sino yung babae na naka tingin sa amin sa window…

13. im from baguio to!

im from baguio to! i really havent been in the house yet. kasi every time i go there with my family they say its closed. r we even allowed to go in? i want sana. and totoo ba ang sinabi nila, na haunted yung house na yan?